Software Engineer - REF15178C
This is a software engineering position in a matrix-based development environment, with responsibilities in business-tier and web-tier development, maintenance and support. This is an individual contributor position. The ideal candidate will have three years of solid hands-on experience developing full-stack .NET applications.
- Design, develop, test, and release software in a waterfall- or an agile-based environment.
- Maintain software in the form of incremental development, bug fixes and other improvements.
- Provide second-line support for production systems, occasionally outside regular working hours on an exigency basis.
- Review code and design as part of a peer-review or team review process.
- Support QA teams through systems troubleshooting, additional coding support, consultation.
- Write and maintain design, systems and operations documents.
- Other responsibilities, as required, to support development team operations.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and logical analysis.
- 3 years hands-on development in C#, .NET, Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server. Full-stack skills preferred.
- Experience in .NET MVC framework.
- Experience in building and consuming web services using .NET.
- Experience with software version control, continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Experience with waterfall or agile SDLC.
- Experience with unit testing, code coverage, test automation.
- Demonstrated ability to code securely.
- Able to troubleshoot software at a systems level in a multi-tier web architecture.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications and designs.
- Able to work flexible hours, primarily to attend remote meetings in the late evenings and early mornings.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills, and excellent self-direction expected.