Sr. Systems Engineer - REF15429J
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Gather and analyze requirements from multiple teams to assist with deploy and support of various enterprise middleware technologies.
- Provide technology prowess with Tomcat, Web Servers (IIS/Apache, PKI / SSL), Java
- Scripting capabilities with one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, bash and/or Powershell
- Provide level 3 (engineering) production support for integration solutions in production environments
- Self-motivated and driven individual willing to take the initiative and drive MW objectives to completion; Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers
- Documentation of processes, ongoing and completed work performed for Middleware
- Managing Middleware tickets and queue
- Enhance Middleware and Integration operating procedures and engineering patterns
- Coordinating across global company with occasional 24x7 support
- Manage the security and compliance requirements for customer facing, production enterprise solutions
3 - 5 years experience in creation and maintenance of enterprise-grade application architecture, including SOA and messaging systems.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
Good level of experience on Tomcat and open source application server products
Good level of experience on Web Servers (IIS/Apache, PKI / SSL, Nginx)
Proven experience with automation utilizing one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, bash, and/or Powershell)
Expert level with troubleshooting production issues and problem solving
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Proven level of knowledge on UNIX/Linux OS
Advanced knowledge of Windows OS
Good knowledge of networking, SAN, DNS, Databases
- Firm understanding of the security and compliance requirements for customer facing, production enterprise solutions
Knowledge of with Micro Container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift)
Basic knowledge of programming in Java, J2EE
Knowledge of with Fraud Management, Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.