Senior Account Executive, Fintech Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Account Executive, Fintech Partnerships, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities with emerging Fintech sectors. The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify, execute, and manage new partnerships. The Fintech Partnerships team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
This position is based in San Francisco. Occasional days in Foster City location, with some travel.
- Support the Digital Partnerships executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically for Fintech Partnerships
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic accounts
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plans for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Work with other teams to: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Technology
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
- A minimum of 8 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- 3 years in Payments or Tech industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with Fintechs or high-tech clients
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for a major segment
- Exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with senior executives inside and outside of Visa, and effectively represent Visa and its purpose
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a passion and focus on high quality deliverables.
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence people both internally and externally, particularly senior executives
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on demonstrating the value of Visa products and value creation
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing & summarizing the financial indicators necessary to measures business performance such as forecasting
- Ability to work within a complex and cross-functional organization
- Team oriented, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Collaborative and flexible
- BS degree required, MBA preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.