Product Analyst, Seller Solutions
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role of Product Analyst in the Seller Solutions group will report to the Senior Director responsible for Visa Account Updater (VAU). VAU is a key value added service that enables card account updates to help avoid disruption to customer relationships and maintain the continuity of payment relationships for cardholders and credential-on-file merchants and consequently enabling higher authorization rates.
The Product Analyst will help evaluate potential product opportunities, develop product proposals, and help recommend market expansion strategies. He/she will contribute to the product vision and delivery, including managing functional requirements, feature expansion/prioritization, and product operations. He/she will also partner with internal groups to develop product expansion opportunities to new clients/markets and will partner with North American client facing teams to help clients optimize their use of the product. He/she may also be required to manage independent programs. He/she will be responsible for working cross-functionally with Product, Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Risk, Legal and Technology. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a dynamic environment, highly organized and a creative problem solver.
- Support expansion of VAU functionality
- Support development of new issuer and merchant functionality
- Global Expansion of VAU - Partner with regional product teams on opportunities to expand VAU adoption globally
- Support regional hubs and market product teams to expand VAU to key markets in LAC, AP, and CEMEA
- Work with Marketing to create/updated new client and consumer facing communications and update sales materials
- Help develop training materials to encourage acquirer and merchant adoption of new VAU functionality
- Gather market intelligence to support strategy development and product commercialization; Research and analyze competitive landscape in priority markets
- Analysis to support key clients (issuer, acquirer, and merchant) as well as to identify opportunities to expand or optimize usage
- Partner with to Client Services teams to support issuer and acquirer implementation and answer operational questions
- Use GBI and VAU data to conduct merchant and issuer VAU utilization analysis and identify opportunities for improvements
- Complete analysis for Issuers to show VAU impact/value as well as to identify opportunities to help optimize issuer VAU practices
- Support portfolio/co-brand conversions
- Develop presentations for client calls
- Produce monthly and quarterly VAU reporting; Tracking to support issuer and COF merchant penetration; Identify and implement opportunities to improve/reengineer internal VAU reporting
- Partner with Client Services to ensure accurate lists of participating VAU issuers, acquirers, and merchants
- Responsible for aspects of management reporting (including key performance metrics including client adoption, fee revenue, and payment volume saved)
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in product management or management consulting, with experience and knowledge of payment solutions a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connections with internal Visa teams and clients
- Ability to transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs.
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to generate outside-the-box solutions
- Ability to excel in a large organization by finding solutions that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and influence strategy
- Passionate about what you do, sense of humor, and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments globally
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary
- Ability to influence those without direct management responsibility
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.