Senior Technical Product Manager - Payments
- Foster City, CA, USA
Senior Technical Product Manager – Merchant & Acquiring Processing Product Development
We're more than a global payment gateway — we're a payment management company. CyberSource provides a complete portfolio of services that simplify and automate payment operations. Customers use our CyberSource and Authorize.Net brand solutions to process online payments, streamline fraud management, and simplify payment security.
Born during the dawn of ecommerce in 1994, CyberSource was one of the pioneers in online payment and fraud management services for medium and large-sized merchants. In 2007, we acquired the leading U.S. small business payment services provider, Authorize.Net, thus expanding our market footprint to cover businesses ranging from the smallest sole proprietorships to the largest global brands. In 2010 CyberSource was acquired by, and operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. Today, over 400,000 businesses worldwide use CyberSource solutions.
If you have deep experience in card acquiring and payment gateway processing and have worked extensively developing payment acceptance solutions for merchants, and are well versed with processing traditional as well as emerging payment types in card-not-present and card-present environments, and you are someone who takes charge and makes things happen, please apply to this role.
We are looking for technically savvy Product Management talent to help us continue to grow and launch new features and services. The Senior Technical Product Manager will be responsible for aggressively expanding Visa's product portfolios by delivering new offerings that will be integrated into the core platform.
We have a start-up mentality, will take smart risks, solve important problems and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is passionate about this space, is ready to work and play hard and join a team that is made stronger through innovation and collaboration.
If you have a desire to create new instead of maintain the status quo, come talk to us.
The Senior Technical Product Manager will have the responsibility to implement the strategy for CyberSource’s Product within CyberSource’s Core Payments Team. They will lead the definition of technical requirements and the development of the product roadmap to support CyberSource’s Acquirer, Partner, Merchant and Portfolio business. Detailed responsibilities enumerated below.
Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy & the product roadmap for payment processing to support market expansion. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the capabilities that are aligned with business strategy.
- Define end to end solution to enable new payment methods, new partner integrations in different markets. Identify dependencies on other products to deliver a complete end to end solution. Define and implement strategy for building new integrations with payments processor in different markets.
Influence executives and team members alike, with your unique approaches to problem solving and direct the course of our technical solutions. Analyze specifications of processors, card networks, point of sale systems and terminal hardware and provide thought leadership, drive business architecture and finally translate those to specific requirements for CyberSource.
Work closely with Product line owners, partners and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/ business feature requirements.
Sign off on product demo. Ensure product features are well understood and implemented as requested. Demonstrate the product capabilities periodically in brown bags and increase awareness of our products within the organization.
Be the leader of the scrum team and drive active prioritization of the product backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies.
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Continuously evolve and improve the product by incorporating feedback, and based on user testing, experimentation, data and analytics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have most of the qualifications below.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field, with a minimum of 12+ years of experience in Payments Product Management. Deep understanding and hands on experience with card present messaging, scheme rules, mandates and integration protocols with gateways and processors.
- Proven ability to manage complex products and projects through various, often competing priorities, constraints and requirements. Experience creating value proposition definition, product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations.
- Understanding of the technical aspects behind product features and functionalities. Ability to craft, define and deploy omni-channel solutions for merchants.
Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product. Show a creative spark in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done in a globally dispersed team.
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others. Experience leading cross-functional teams on complex problems from all fronts across all functions and locations.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited. Ability to lead peer team meetings, resolve team blockers and do knowledge share sessions with various team members.
Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and reporting. Be very comfortable articulating, presenting and influencing key stake holders and leaders of the organizations to pursue new ideas and challenge status quo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.