Account Executive, US Financial Institution Sales - Western US
- Denver, Colorado, us
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This Account Executive role is a functional sales team member within the US Financial Institution Sales function. This AE is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts as well as winning new accounts in the West Region. This AE will ensure the implementation of annual goals and plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to quickly build relationships internally and within their territory while also demonstrating a desire and capability to excel in other sales roles within the organization.
Locations Flexible with preferred locations being Denver or the Bay area.
This AE will report to a Vice President.
Relocation and or Sponsorship are not approved for this opportunity at this time.
- Develop and execute customized account and territory plans to increase sales volume and market share within financial institutions in the region
- Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Continuously review payment landscape and recommend, develop and implement new and creative approaches to growing Visa’s issuer business
- Assist marketing and product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts
- Contribute to the development of functional strategy
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution’s business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services, including EFT processing services
- Requires a minimum of 10 years business experience including sales and/or relationship management -
- Card Issuing/Acquiring experience beneficial. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to learn and execute effective sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Ability to develop, lead and close complex competitive sales efforts
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.