Associate Business Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Associate Business Analyst, you will manage a variety of functions including three primary functions: (1) Building and managing support of $1B budget (creation and execution); (2) Managing the O&I spend pipeline by engaging with other 110+ product owners, enabling back-end Finance operations from PR creation, validating requests against inventory per year, invoicing, helping with accruals & accounting for variances; and (3) Creating and implementing purchasing and approval best practices and provide support to Infrastructure and Technology, and execution to Visa procurement principles.
In addition to managing the budget, supporting Finance operational responsibilities, and process improvements, this role will create line item views of the budget and break it down into services—identifying opportunities for improvement to our tools and processes.
This position will gain an in-depth understanding of the business, strategic direction, organizational structure, and key vendor partnerships. You will help define success for IT financial efficiency and cost clarity programs by creating and tracking key metrics and developing consumption optimization programs. This position will report to the Director of Operations & Infrastructure.
- Assist product owners with execution of technology strategy, keeping a view of the operating expense impact of key decisions
- Run SQL scripts to extract data from multiple data sources and have ability to normalize data based on product owner feedback
- Identify expense reduction opportunities with product owners and create plans and tracking to ensure execution of cost reduction strategies
- Manage spend for a technology lane(s) with specific knowledge to adherence to key Visa procurement rules while identifying strategies for purchases that do not meet the rules
- Identify appropriate data sources to track deployment of different software across Visa and use the information across multiple sources to create deployment baselines
- Lead the team in delivering work products on consumption reports as well as other key initiatives that will help the Technology EVP of make strategic decisions
- Understand license metrics for different software types and create a pro-forma analysis for major deals within technology
- Create and manage the budget for the IT technology lanes working in close partnership with the IT engineering teams
- Manage the IT purchase approval process by clearly understanding the Technology approval process
- Manage budget forecasts throughout the year, making adjustments as needed and tracking performance to budget
- Run sensitivity analysis and create cost models to determine best possible solution for Visa in support of IT purchase decisions
- Work closely with Technology partners to understand the technical details
for IT purchases and create business justification for purchases
- Create Business Intelligence dashboards which will enable technology leaders
to understand their spend profile and will enable them to make decisions on future IT road-maps
- Identify ways to generate efficiencies in purchases, consolidate purchasing efforts, and maintain spend analytics
- Automate internal tools and reporting to facilitate more streamlined and quicker responses to stakeholders
- Cost modeling, variance analysis, and forecast management
- New product evaluations, POC, and new-product onboarding
- Manage cost centers and capital asset budgets (pipeline management: creation, growth)
- Lead weekly core team meetings with cross functional participants to enable creating a purchase pipeline
- Bachelor Degree
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Solid understanding of process improvements techniques and project management strategies, techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills- the ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision to reach established goals
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Decisive self-starter who can perform with a minimal amount of supervision
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to set priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office functions, specifically Excel
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results while building relationships with multiple key business partners
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.