Senior Compensation Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to be involved in the design, development, implementation, and management of new and innovative compensation programs and initiatives, ensuring they are consistent with Visa’s Total Rewards strategy and the overall business objectives. This individual should be highly analytical in nature, have strong communication and relationship building skills, and enjoy working with highly collaborative teams.
If you are the successful candidate, you will have a chance to
- Conduct significant data analysis and budget/spend modeling
- Provide ongoing job benchmarking, compensation survey assessment and analysis, and competitive market intelligence
- Participate in survey submission for various market data vendors (Willis Towers Watson, Mercer, Radford)
- Facilitate the annual focal review process including budget planning, system setup, communication & training, implementation, etc.
- Develops and presents materials related to global market data, salary surveys and compensation trends to drive innovative solutions
- Partner successfully with a wide variety of individuals across the company (legal, finance, IT, etc.) as well as external vendor partners; Partner with finance to complete the quarterly accrual process
- Develops and delivers innovative communication and educational materials to improve manager and employee understanding of programs and to drive better engagement and understanding of incentive programs.
- Analyses, models, and recommends new compensation approaches and gains stakeholder/executive leadership buy-in
- Leads the development of tools and processes to deliver and administer compensation programs and monitors the effectiveness and compliance with global policies and standards
- Drives an effective partnership between Compensation and other HR teams to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices
Bachelor's/Degree or equivalent experience required
Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years progressively responsible business/HR experience, with majority in compensation roles
Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrixed environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to managers and executives
Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills
Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting).
Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
Strong project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross-regional and cross-functional teams
Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information
Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); knowledge of Workday and compensation management tools
Has a strong understanding of core HR business practices, processes, and terminology (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, recruiting, performance management, time and attendance) and ability to develop solutions for the business needs
Experience working in a global environment on compensation and related issues strongly preferred
Knowledge of international compensation issues strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.