Visa Discovery Program Traineeship (Undergrad) - Greater China Merchant Marketing
- Shanghai, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Internship Period: Minimum commitment of 3 months
Work Frequency: minimum 3 days per week
Insight to Role
The Greater China Merchant Marketing organization drives the cross border merchant partnerships to unlock the activations of both outbound and inbound opportunities targeting key corridors and iconic strategic merchant partners for Greater China covering China, Taiwan and Hong Kong markets.
There are many merchant programs, promoting campaigns and inbound activities launching during April-September. The role of the intern is to support the team during the period on project task follow-up, desktop research, merchant marketing programs development and launch.
The role reports to the Head of Greater China Merchant Marketing, supports the merchant marketing team on:
- Research on designated segments, competition comparison and data analysis.
- Content cross checking, consolidation, merchant program launch materials/tools development
- Assist the development and implementation of marketing programs for co-marketing activities with both strategic outbound and inbound merchant partners.
- Support the development of inbound activities (e.g. merchant decal, Visa zone)
- Coordinating meetings and information collection within the Team
- Other necessary tasks assigned by Head of GC Merchant Marketing
In addition to own team, the role may need to work closely with:
- Local Greater China marketing teams
- China CRM teams
- Merchant offer provider
- Other functions like: Operations, Finance, Human Resource, Merchant Sales & Acquiring, Client Service
- Undergraduate student in your 2nd or 3rd year of academic program
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (verbal and written)
- MS Office proficiency (especially Excel and PowerPoint, pdf)
- Good analytical and research ability
- Good communication capabilities in both Mandarin and English
- Strong desire to learn, quickly pick up new knowledge and work down to earth
- Knowledge of finance or management a plus, Statistics or MIS major preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.