Director, Strategy & Business Consultant - Planning & Analytics
- Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, vn
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Strategy & Business Consultant - Planning & Analytics will support the Country Manager, Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos, & Sales team through the following:
- Accelerating Visa's growth and strengthening stakeholder engagement by leading priority projects across the country
- Support Head of Sales and sales team, in management of key accounts
- Driving effective leadership and operations through management of key business processes, including coordination of financial forecasting; review of proposed changes to Visa programs, rules or economics; and periodical management reporting
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the country team by pursuing initiatives and process enhancements identified in annual planning sessions, performance audits, quarterly and monthly business reviews and issue-drive roadmaps
- Expanding the bandwidth of the Country Manager by reviewing issue briefs, deal proposals and other materials, and ensuring priority items are at the front of the queue.
- Support the Country Manager in business planning, strategy development & preparation for the Quarterly Business Reviews, Management Business Reviews with Visa's executive management and key project analysis and management reporting
- In conjunction with Country Management and key functions, develop and lead integrated country management plans in support of Visa revenue growth targets and strategic objectives; develop an effective tracking mechanism that monitors progress towards these targets and objectives
- Provide effective business support to the sales team to assist in achieving financial targets and succeeding team objectives
- Drive effective business planning and operations by promoting broad awareness of Visa's past and present financial performance relative to forecast; ensure that the current forecast for the countries reflects all available market intel and insights
- Manage key strategic projects by working with cross-functional teams, aimed at driving towards profitable and sustainable results in Vietnam. Cambodia & Laos, in line with regional and global business initiatives to drive revenue growth for Visa Inc
- Research, develop and implement research and communications tools to enhance Visa's business intelligence; Analyse business opportunities and emerging customer needs to identify issues, trends and growth opportunities for Visa
- Improve effectiveness of operational management of the country team through building strong and collaborative partnerships
- Interface between AP staff and global functions to ensure strong support for area initiatives
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- At least 12+ years of experience with strategic and business planning, project/program management, financial analysis and forecasting, and enterprise risk management and ideally from within a complex management organization or consulting firm
- Experience and understanding of global, market practices and management of payments landscape
- Broad knowledge of payments industry, its products, services and technologies
- Strong management skills appropriate to a fast-paced business environment
- Proven ability to build credibility, influence and negotiate at the highest levels within international organizations
- High degree of fluency in English and preferably Vietnamese
- Good in Financial management and Project management
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- High degree of business acumen with good analytical skills
- Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
- Good business consultation and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Knowledge of payments systems and card industry
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills
- Digital mindset and adaptive leadership
- Positive and result-orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
This individual will be based in our Ho Chi Minh City office and report directly to the Country Manager Vietnam Cambodia & Laos, with indirect responsibility to Head of Sales for client facing activities.