Vice President, Head of Commercial Colleges, Visa University
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Leadership Academy is making leadership development, and executive development specifically, a differentiator that will enable Visa’s executives to compete even more effectively in the rapidly evolving payments industry. Our CEO – Al Kelly -- is dedicated to the development of leaders and will take an active role in defining and delivering our programs.
The Head of Commercial Colleges is responsible for developing the strategy and structure for Visa’s delivery of internal learning solutions across its commercial functions. This role will define the program offerings and is essentially the head of internal learning product management for Visa’s customer support, sales, product, and technology organizations.
The Head of Commercial Colleges reports to the SVP and Chief Learning Officer, Visa University. Visa University reports in to the EVP of Corporate Strategy. We are a start-up within an established, global organization and this is a key founding role. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- Overall responsibility for defining the strategy and ensuring successful implementation of all learning programs across the Commercial Colleges in order to build the internal capabilities needed to compete in the future.
- Oversee a team of functional College Deans, Product Directors and Managers that will work with global heads of functions on the Visa executive committee to define the learning solutions aligned to strategy. The functional areas included are Sales, Product, Technology, and Client Services.
- Work closely with the Head of Market Learning to consider input from the markets and adjust product development plans accordingly. The role will be responsible for reporting metrics and creating a culture of accountability and partnership.
- Close collaboration with Talent leaders and regional HR leaders in needs analysis aligned to our business strategy is critical. A key element of success will be the ability to be inclusive in product management, working across organizational boundaries. The colleges will work with the Visa University Production group in actual development of projects, and will act as the product owners on agile teams using a human-centered design approach.
- Each of the colleges in this area will be expected to set up an advisory board to ensure we remain aligned to business strategy. As a foundational role, this function is in start-up mode. The leader will need to recruit, retrain and/or rely on external resources while in start-up mode to build an ongoing organizational capability. The role will work from the ground up on building cross-functional processes to get products from inception to delivery.
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree strongly preferred as evidence of continuous learning mind set
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in leadership role in a learning organization, specif-ically in a corporate environment
- Prior experience as a chief learning officer highly desirable; vast knowledge of learn-ing, assessment, and human capital providers required, particularly in the sales and technology arenas.
- Experience working in a high growth, global organization
- Preferably experience in the payments or related industry, with a strong background on current and emerging payment capabilities and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams in a matrixed environment
- Experience across a broad spectrum of learning content areas.
- Proven results successfully leading and managing complex business transformation, change management, while maintaining business continuity
- Team player, willing to be transparent with peers and management on activities and requirements, and pick up “between the cracks” as needed
- Entrepreneurial and growth mind set.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.