Head of Distributed Systems Operations and Engineering, Europe - Level 6
- Basingstoke, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Distributed Systems Operations and Engineering, Europe, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The purpose of this role is to provide local leadership for the Distributed Systems Operations and Engineering function in Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Collaborate with regional and global functions to ensure Visa’s business and regulatory goals are met by the Distributed Systems Operations and Engineering (DSOE) function in Europe
- Represent the region in the Global DSOE leadership team and represent the function in the regional leadership
- Role model Visa’s leadership principles in all interactions
- Collaborate with DSOE leaders to ensure effective and efficient management of day to day operations
- Identify and lead the implementation of process improvements in the region and globally
- Collaborate with DSOE leaders to support with crises management and business continuity planning
- Lead the people, culture and engagement initiatives in Europe for DSOE
- Lead the relationship with European suppliers related to DSOE
- Partner with the European Client Services team to support the distributed systems for our European clients
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we’re after…
- Experience of working in global and matrix organisation
- Relationship / stakeholder management experience in the Technology sector
- Understanding of Visa’s business model and Technology and Operations function with a specific focus on Distributed Systems
- Understanding of the UK’s Financial Services regulatory landscape
- Experience of crisis and business continuity management
- Experience of executive and operational reporting
- Experience of managing through others
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.