Lead Software Engineer - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Staff Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will be part of Visa’s Digital Development Platform (DDP) global team which focuses on building end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. We are looking for a technically expert Staff Software Engineer for our Client Integration Solution team based out our London Paddington office to assure client success in using our products such as Visa Token Service, Visa Direct, Visa Digital Commerce App, and Visa Development Platform.
- This role requires quick troubleshooting and problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain solution for clients. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile & web technologies, multi-tiered architecture and experience in tools development. In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technology, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders. Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers.
The Staff Software Engineer is a senior level technical role, and therefore the successful candidate will be able to work independently on multiple tasks, working very closely with the engineering leads, product manager, and client support teams.
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Hands on software product development experience with ability to come up with solution and implement it independently.
- Expert level skills in developing multi-tier application based on Java, C#, or C++
- In-depth knowledge of web (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, REST, SOAP, XML/JSON) and mobile technologies (Android/iOS)
- Experience building & testing enterprise scale web services (RESTful) and security practices
- Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
- A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Strong practitioner of Visa's Leadership principles
- Experience in payments tech / banking system software
- Proficiency in French or Portuguese
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.