UI/UX Design Director / Manager
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Innovation & Design team is a global client-facing organization that sets Visa’s public innovation agenda, promotes hands-on incubation and rapid prototyping with clients and partners, and elevates the design and user experiences of Visa products and services. We are currently recruiting for a Director-level or Manager-level Designer to drive our Innovation & Design efforts in China. This role will report to the China Head of Innovation & Design.
As UI/UX Design Lead, you will be part of the founding team of Visa Innovation Studio in Beijing, a state-of-the-art facility where Visa collaborates with clients and partners to discover growth opportunities and design new commerce and payments solutions. You'll be involved from the early stages of research and ideation to product prototyping and development, leveraging human-centered design principles and working in multi-disciplinary teams. You will conceive and design new commerce and payment experiences both for our clients and for Visa internally. Our designers not only have the ability to create beautiful user interface, but can also think strategically about how to improve user interactions with our applications and products.
The ideal candidate will:
- Believe passionately in the power of design, technology & creating great user experiences.
- Understand and advocate for human centered design across all stages of development from research, ideation to deployment and testing.
- Possess a keen eye for distinguishing great, market leading design and storytelling.
- Be experienced in translating human insights into UX strategies and solutions.
- Be comfortable working within agile & other end-to-end design methodologies.
- Be constantly curious of new technologies, tools and techniques for creating future experiences.
- Be a positive self-starter who can work collaboratively with external clients and as a part of a cross-functional scrum team.
- Design and deliver assets such as storyboards, wireframes, UI visual designs, design systems and pattern libraries
- Apply design thinking methods and principles to create digital and device-specific experiences that are delightful, engaging and impactful
- Create rapid prototypes as part of co-creation workshops and the scrum team
- Help lead user experience & service design workstreams in client co-creations
- Effectively present & communicate ideas and design decisions to clients and internal stakeholders
- Gather and seek requirements and feedback from clients and internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively as a designer with developers and product managers in a fast-paced and highly iterative environment
- Collaborate and share design work and documentations with peers and other global Innovation Centers to help train and inform
- Help manage and brief supporting design/research partners as needed
- 5+ years of hands-on, recent experience in designing user interfaces for the web and mobile (Apple and Android)
- Expert in creating accompanying UX assets & UI/visual designs with an eye for detail and consistency
- Strong familiarity with digital design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma etc.
- Experience of human-centered design processes and agile product development
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience in design research and ideation workshop facilitation a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Mandarin & English)
- Knowledge and experience in payments, commerce and/or financial services preferred, but not required
- B.S. / B.A degree or relevant design qualifications. Online portfolio and work samples required