Marketing Analytics Senior Manager - Level 5
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Marketing Analytics Senior Manager - London, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The role is a key member of the marketing function together with the wider analytics community at Visa. This role requires a passion for data and someone who sees themselves as a data 'engineer'. Someone who can start with a business/ marketing challenge and build a solution from a data perspective. This might be from; the development of an audience segmentation framework, the evaluation of a previous marketing activity to scoring audiences based on their likelihood to exhibit a desired behaviour. We want someone who can drive the function to turn our data into a marketing resource that delivers business benefits.
This is an opportunity to be part of the team that harnesses the data held by one of the biggest global brands and deliver some truly ground breaking work. If you have a passion for understanding audience behaviours and using data to inform the development of new approaches to engage and influence them, this is a role for you!
- Lead the organisation and delivery of analytics support to the marketing function in Europe
- Deliver marketing performance analytics across Europe
- Be responsible for interrogating; transactional, industry/ sector, primary and secondary research data to deliver marketing (and business) learning and insights
- Manage dissemination and presentation of performance and impact reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Reinforce a "single source of truth" across marketing performance
- Support a mind-set shift by isolating drivers of revenue growth
- Support local markets to analyse marketing performance and inform planning
- Provide a single point of contact for marketing analytics
- Develop a pro-active relationship with regional and global teams
- Be part of the wider analytics community in Europe and Globally
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Use data and analytics to understand the performance of marketing activities against a range of marketing/ business KPI's
- You will have the ability to interpret results within the context of the market dynamics across Europe
- You will work alongside Visa's client and partner teams to identify key learnings to inform co-marketing activities
- You will synthesise results and insights to identify marketing refinements and inform future planning
- Identify how performance insights can deliver commercial improvement to Visa's marketing activities
- Write summary reports and presentations to cascade results and findings across the marketing function
- Support the adoption of an insight led approach to marketing planning and development across Europe.
- Develop strong working relationships with markets to ensure needs are captured within plan and programme development
- Contribute to the development of pan European marketing plans
- Champion the implementation of a performance culture
- You will be responsible for the delivery of dashboards that outline marketing performance
- Provide a key point of contact in Europe, liaising with the European/ Global analytics teams
- Lead and manage relations with 3rd party research providers as required
- Help administer project budgets for external agencies
What we're after...
- A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
- Expert level knowledge of advanced data mining and statistical modeling: Predictive modeling techniques (e.g., binomial and multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID)
- Deep SAS experience; proficiency and continuous skills development in leading edge analytic and business intelligence tools, e.g. SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau, Business Objects and MicroStrategy.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Hbase/NoSQL
- Demonstrable programming ability in different programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Matlab, Pig or SQL
- Hands on experience on processing extremely large data sets.
- Analytical skills & ability to work and communicate the benefits of data/ fact-base and ability to deliver results in SQL, Tableau, SAS, Microstrategy, Excel
- Strong data visualisation skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong problem solving, stakeholder management/ negotiation, project management capabilities and skills in communication especially knowledge management SharePoint, Intranet site development, case studies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Evidence an ability to manage time effectively due to shifting priorities and deliver to fixed timescales
- Excellent communication skills and able to present confidently to senior stakeholders
- Can work using own initiative and deliver under pressure
- Has demonstrated a hunger to challenge the status quo and influence at all levels in an organisation
- Must be able to work in a matrix environment and manage relationships across levels
- Strong project and programme management skills
- Experience of marketing and communications plans within a multi-national organisation
- Worked across divisions including; Marketing, Sales, Finance and Operations, ideally within a multi-national
What We're After...
Trusted Partners Enabling
- Seeks to understand the needs of members, internal and external stakeholders
- Develops mutually beneficial partnerships
- Develops appropriate solutions in response to an ever changing payments ecosystem
- Regularly updates the team on what is happening within the team and across the business
- Communicates with managers across different areas of the business to understand their challenges and needs
- Is objective and treats all members of the team respectfully, fairly and consistently to develop trust
- Seeks out individuals directly to address issues and diffuse situations of conflict
- Praises team members when they put collective objectives above their own priorities
Visionary Leaders Enabling
- Sets clear expectations and standards for their team
- Provides guidance by clearly communicating how these standards can be achieved
- Manages stakeholder expectations by providing regular and clear updates on progress with appropriate context and data
- Challenges projects and processes which do not deliver or add value to Visa Europe
- Maximises new ideas and opportunities by sharing them with others across the business
- Regularly celebrates success within the team
- Provides others with a clear understanding of how their actions contribute to Visa Europe's success
- Empowers team members to take personal responsibility for their actions
Passionate Achievers Enabling
- Motivates and inspires team to be passionate about delivering the Visa Europe vision
- Recognises when they can add value to a situation and offers their advice, recommendation or help where appropriate
- Encourages others to see the benefits and opportunities of a challenging situation
- Provides team members with support if they make a mistake, coaching them to find a solution
- Proactively anticipates challenges, adjusting plans in order to ensure effective delivery
- Anticipates and removes obstacles to ensure objectives can be achieved
- Quickly and effectively rearranges resources when new challenges or opportunities arise
- Identifies and liberates the power and potential of others to achieve excellent results within the team
Obsessed with Volume Enabling
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Visa Europe's competitors and their approaches in the market
- Focuses their team members' efforts on activities which successfully deliver the business strategy
- Explains the commercial implications of decisions and actions to their team members
- Puts time aside to proactively manage the team in order to maximise performance
- Focuses self and others on commercial implications when making decisions
- Focuses on understanding where scalability can be employed in order to quickly deliver value to others
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.