Head of Employee Communications and Experience - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Head of Employee Communications and Experience, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Head of Employee Communications and Experience is responsible for leading the strategy to enhance the employee experience, culture and employee impact.
This position reports into the Chief Officer, Corporate Communications, and works closely with key functional business leads in Europe, as well as with global and regional colleagues in marketing, communications and HR. The successful candidate will provide guidance and counsel to senior leaders on the importance of strategic communications and employee experience.
- Lead and develop the Employee Communications and Experience team.
- Develop and implement communication programs that inspire our employees and help them understand our leadership principles, corporate goals, processes, organisational structure and vision of senior leadership.
- Support the Europe CEO in the development and delivery of leadership communications, townhall events, and leadership meetings, designed to engage employees and communicate a clear strategy for Visa in Europe.
- Advise on employee communication and engagement best practice to positively influence communications within the business functions in the London office and across the European region.
- Collaborate closely with global and regional Marketing, Corporate Communications, and HR colleagues on all elements of the strategy.
- Review the effectiveness of internal communication channels.
- Manage the internal leadership visibility programme, identifying opportunities for leadership exposure and involvement
- Integrate employee communications and experience considerations into planning of major initiatives, events and announcements.
- Be a champion for Visa’s employee value proposition, and partner with HR, marketing and communications colleagues to promote Visa as an employer of choice both internally and externally
- Lead communications of the annual employee satisfaction survey, annual performance reviews, and other critical HR initiatives.
- Manage a team of two direct reports, building an engaged and committed team and creating opportunities for growth.
Results-oriented professional with high level of experience in communications roles for a global enterprise or agency
Bachelor of Arts degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, related field of study, or hold equivalent professional experience
Exceptional leadership skills with proven track record in developing strong teams
Skilled at providing communications counsel and coaching to senior leaders, across multiple functions and on various subjects.
Proven experience transforming traditional communications tactics to fit with employees shifting media habits (e.g., digital, social and mobile)
Skilled in working with all employee communications apps and platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, Intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography etc.)
Exceptional communicator with outstanding oral, written, editing and presentation skills
Strong leader and strategic thinker with ability to provide timely strategic and tactical guidance to communication staff and cross-functional business partners
Effective collaborator through the use of influence and inspiration to achieve desired results
Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment
Exceptional storyteller who can build and deliver messaging across a diverse set of audiences
“Hands-on” team player who builds strong relationships internally and externally
Self-starter, who is nimble, flexible and comfortable working in an environment where priorities can change quickly
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience in running a corporate social media account
- Project management experience or certification
- Budget management
- Fluency in European languages a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients