Director, AP Technical solutions Architect
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
• Believe passionately in the transformative power of technology in the world
• Have a strong technical background and ability to quickly build expert knowledge on new products and solutions
• Have a proven track record of working with external clients to implement cross-company systems using APIs, Web Services, and ideally, traditional payments technologies like ISO 8583
• Be comfortable communicating to large audiences and working in close collaboration with small audiences
• Be able to clearly articulate and document requirements to client stakeholders of various levels and abilities, including executives and technical resources
• Be able to manage concurrent projects to different schedules and timelines
• Be able to define and implement global processes across a large multinational organization
• Work with clients and partners, such as financial institutions and large merchants, to design technical solutions for new and existing products
• Work with clients and partners in the Visa Innovation Center where required to create, build, and scale new product concepts
• Lead technical architecture scoping sessions with clients and partners via in person sessions and conference calls
• Liaise, schedule and plan effective implementation support for an ongoing pipeline of clients and their respective partners, enablers and acquirers
• Define, document, and implement regional processes that will align with global standards and best practices and achieve increased adoption of Visa products and solutions
• Own solution delivery for strategic clients and partners, particularly for new products in the region
• Own technical design discussions with global business and technical teams to ensure business and technical requirements are understood and properly documented and implemented
• Act as an internal expert and voice for banking system architecture and design considerations, informing regional and global product owners of how their products will be utilized
• Collect feedback from clients on features and functionality and work cross-functionally to ensure the Product and Technology teams incorporate that feedback into future releases
• BA/BS degree (or equivalent job experience).
• 10 years of total experience, out of which 6+ years of payments technology experience including direct client integration experience including solution architecture design
• Be a leader, self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively across functional lines to ensure all participants and stakeholders deliver according to schedule and budget
• Hands on programming experience and the ability to converse on the process of choosing the right technical tools to solve a business problem
• Experience working with retail banking and payments processing systems, across multiple financial institutions
• Experience in delivering quality product integrations within scope and on time
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Excellent facilitator and moderator of technical discussions, without losing sight of business needs
• Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end state
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.