Data Scientist, Credit Risk - Visa Consulting & Analytics
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting and data science division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability.
Risk - Centre of Excellence team sits within the VCA Asia Pacific Hub team and provides a comprehensive range of advisory consulting and analytics solutions that address unique challenges across two key practice areas: Credit Risk management and Fraud Risk management.
Analyst (Credit Risk) – Centre of Excellence is a key member of the Visa Consulting and Analytics team, who will be based in Singapore and will be working in the area of Credit risk with Visa clients across Asia Pacific. The incumbent will be reporting into Practice Lead for Credit Risk, who is also based at Singapore.
The role requires working with large data sets using quantitative techniques and building complex statistical models that learn from big data. Data sets will include alternate data sourced from non-traditional data vendors and data from diverse systems maintained by card issuing clients. We have a highly collaborative process and you are required to work across multiple teams and functions for developing cutting edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions and processes.
The team closely collaborates with business stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to clients. Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation.
Visa Consulting & Analytics Centre of Excellence team is a key part of the Global Visa Consulting & Analytics organization at Visa; this is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business consulting professionals from a variety of countries, serving major FIs and merchants within Asia Pacific. Visa Consulting and Analytics is looking for a hands-on person that earns trust and respect of the team. The person must be results oriented, highly organized and must be focused on delivering innovative analytics & consulting work.
What you will do
- Collaborating with the client team (both internal and external) to understand the business problem and desired business outcome
- Defining detailed scope and methodology, creating the framework, executing on the framework with appropriate data mining techniques
- End-to-end delivery of multiple medium to large projects within timelines and budget requirements
- Developing credit scorecards, testing & monitoring frameworks and overseeing the deployment of scorecards for clients
- Engage and work with external clients from risk, products, portfolio, etc. during the process of identification of data, development of scorecard and deployment
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and maintain the highest levels of quality in deliverables
- Work as independent contributor mostly and as a mentor to other team members by providing guidance when required
- Enhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- Candidate with 4 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis etc
- Experience in banking / consumer lending industry preferred
- Experience in risk analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation and automation etc.) will be a strong advantage
- Understanding of credit bureaus and non-traditional data providers will be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn