Sr. Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
In order for Visa to deliver on the version of the best way to pay be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure team must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I team is charged with building, operating, and maintaining secure and reliable data centers, systems and networks to support the business functionality that Visa provides to payment industry stakeholders.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
- You'll be responsible for for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- Lead the orchestration of end-to-end provisioning processes leveraging Visa's Cloud based solutions
- You'll work with application and infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets and 3rd party technologies
- You will analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for
improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity,reducing cost and increasing effectiveness
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality services
- Establish system requirements, designs, builds, and manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches and methodologies to reduce IT process gaps and enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures and standards applicability, effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service and provide regular technical reports both verbal and statistical showing status of ongoing projects and goals
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related year-for-year experience. Preference to Master Degree in Computer Science
2+ Years of Experience in and Engineering/Operation function
Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments or specific skills sets with data services and analytics
Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design and Service Orientation
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.