Sr. Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The successful candidate will be working on performance and capacity of VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system - the network that allows fast, seamless and secure electronic payments. VIP Performance and Capacity group manages current capacity and forecasts demand for CPU, storage and database of all VIP systems. The candidate is expected to be a motivated self-starter requiring limited direction.
We are looking for Systems Engineer to join our VIP Performance and Capacity team. Some of the responsibiliites will include:
- Maintaining and enhancing accumulation of performance data on VisaNet - the network that allows fast, seamless and secure electronic payments to happen
- Working on managing data is databases (MySQL, MS EXCEL)
- Developing tools to generate performance reports and alerts
- Working on sizing systems – both for upcoming peak season or new systems
- Creating websites, dashboards and portals to display information related to transaction volume and system performance
- Participate in Visa’s Annual Stress Test
- Providing 24x7 production support of Visa systems for any Performance and Capacity issues
- Aiding applications and operations teams with performance problem determination
- Working with vendors on software and hardware upgrades.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- Expert skills in statistics and mathematics
- Expert C/C++ skills required
- Strong execution and analytical abilities
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
Highlands Ranch, CO