Senior Financial Analyst – Technology FP&A – Capital & Project Investment
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional to be the finance lead for the Global Technology Operations & Infrastructure Capital and Project Investment planning area. This entails partnering with the Technology and Project Management teams to have a deep understanding of infrastructure investments, its tie-in to Technology/Visa strategy and project execution.
This position has direct access and exposure to Finance and Technology leadership and participates in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key business drivers and financial results used by leadership teams. While financial analysis is an important component of the job, the emphasis is on applying overall analytical skills and experience to become a highly valued business partner.
- Partner with Technology team to manage overall Capital planning, reporting and analysis process
- Create and obtain cash-based input from Technology team to model and reflect P&L impact in financial systems
- Responsible for providing financial planning and analysis support to Visa’s Global Technology Organization – Operations & Infrastructure team
- Provide standardized reporting for the Operations & Infrastructure team
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. executives and staff) and serve as a key point of contact for finance guidance and related discussions
- Proactively communicate business implications observed from analysis and contribute ideas and solutions to business challenges / problems; provide insight though analysis
- Lead the coordination, organization and execution of budgeting/forecasting, monthly closing, reporting and business case development
- Proactively identify and lead opportunities for process improvements and simplification
- BS or BA in a technical field (Accounting, Finance, Engineering, etc.) with at least 5 years of experience and progressively increasing responsibility
- MBA in Finance from leading business school or equivalent preferred
- Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives and developing financial models
- Collaborative & inclusive with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure
- Proactive, resourceful, and creative in fully utilizing available resources and data to provide insightful analysis
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Understands sub-ledgers, operating systems and databases and how they relate to the General Ledger
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and experience in Hyperion or similar enterprise reporting and forecasting tool
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.