- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Please note that the location is flexible to any US or Canada office (Foster City and San Francisco preferred).
The Training Director is a member of Visa University’s Market Learning organization reporting to the Director of Learning Delivery and is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of Visa-specific training for Visa employees and client partners. Initially, the role will have responsibility for highly detailed training for Visa’s Technology function and as part of the Market Learning organization, this role may also be responsible for delivery of non-technology topics as assigned over time. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of Visa technology and an energy and passion to facilitate engaging training programs both in person and virtually. Due to knowledge mastery, this role will also help train, certify and work with Visa University SME faculty in order to scale technology training delivery where possible.
Apply mastery of technology knowledge and experience to deliver exceptional training for all knowledge levels and audiences, including technology data users, analysts, scientists and engineers, general Visa employees, and client audiences.
Deliver training, both in person and virtually, against a schedule that will meet learner demands and support organizational goals and priorities.
Provide pre-class and follow-up support for learner queries as needed in a timely manner.
Support online forums, communities and social media platforms that enable learner engagement and connection pre- or post-training sessions.
Engage with the learner population to develop empathy and understanding.
Identify on an ongoing basis potential learning gaps and/or needs of clients, partners and employees and ensure feedback cross functionally within Visa University.
Engage with Product and Technology teams to ensure that you stay on top of the latest information and developments in your domain areas. Stay on top of industry developments in your domain areas.
Collaborate, as SME and reviewer, with VU Shared Services functions during content development and continuous improvement updates as needed.
Ensure class evaluations are completed and the highest standards are maintained based on management, stakeholder, and COE standards.
Actively review the effectiveness and efficiency of deliveries for continuous improvement.
Lead, train, certify, coach and develop VU faculty to scale delivery in your subject areas.
Work with other Trainers as needed for cross-training purposes.
Ability to learn new non-technical topics quickly and deliver effectively as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 12+ years with progressive experience in training delivery, software development or in the selected domain areas (e.g., VisaNet CAS).
- Deep knowledge of Visa’s business and technology landscape, VisaNet, transaction processing, authorization, clearing and settlement, transaction data, Hadoop, etc.
- Aptitude for highly technical subject matter such as Big Data, cybersecurity, cloud and AI/ML.
- Experience working with highly technical learners and subject matter experts such as software developers, systems engineers, data scientists, Visa technology researchers and chief architects.
- Passion for teaching and facilitation and providing the best learning experiences for learners.
- Ability to deliver learning programs using single channel or blended approaches, including virtual and classroom-based instructor-led training (ILT), peer-to-peer learning, on-the-job learning and eLearning (achieves NPS of +80 and higher).
- Proven ability to increase learner engagement in course facilitation, social media and communities.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical concepts into terms that are easy to understand.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and coach technical staff (e.g., Data Engineers, Chief Architects) on presentation and training delivery/facilitation skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and consulting skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in an organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing content and strategies.
- Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel as needed to deliver training globally.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.