Senior Director, Travel Sales & Business Development
- New York, NY, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Senior Director, Travel Sales & Business Development, is responsible for identifying and implementing sales and acceptance opportunities for assigned travel clients in the United States.
The role will require an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential opportunities, develop creative strategies and tactics to sell the opportunities, and manage the cross-functional teams needed to help bring them to fruition. The Senior Director of Travel Sales Business Development will work closely with stakeholders such as Cybersource, Processing, Legal, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. to execute on client agreements and deliverables that are typically cross-functional in nature.
- Develop and manage the Transportation Industry business plan
- Identify sales opportunities through a strong understanding of the customer, the segment and mutual business needs, for all assigned accounts.
- Continuously review the market landscape, identifying and developing sales opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Develop and execute customized sales opportunities and plans to increase revenue and market share for assigned accounts. Deliver against scorecard goals.
- Lead the implementation of sales opportunities, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals/opportunities including representation from Interchange, Product, Marketing, Operations, Visa Consulting and Analytics, etc.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and negotiate sales proposals, as well as to ensure that their implementation is on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving assigned accounts business problems that arise during the execution of programs/products
- Report to the SVP of U.S. Travel and interact with senior management and client executives
- Foster strong relationships with the client that will facilitate the successful implementation of sales opportunities
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on client developments and opportunity areas
- A minimum of 8 years business experience with related sales and management experience
- Travel, financial services or payments industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing scorecard initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative, and flexible
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.