Consulting Practice & Operations Manager - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Consulting Practice & Operations Manager for the Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) team, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Consulting Practice & Operations Manager will report to Head of VCA Solutions (London) to develop and implement consulting policy and processes, work with other parts of the business to ensure our processes are in line with company policy, support implementation of Knowledge Management strategy and activities and provide management information in support of VCA objectives and global scorecard reporting.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Visa Consulting & Analytics is responsible for the sales and delivery of consulting projects to Clients across Europe. We currently deliver numerous projects annually across Europe. The team and project revenues will grow substantially in 2019 and we are seeking a Practice Development Manager who will manage the growth of the practice and our capabilities including; knowledge management and performance reporting.
- Support implementation of Knowledge Management strategy and tactics e.g. case studies, events, collateral, department use of Microsoft Teams
- Support VCA marketing and communications to internal and external audiences in line with global and regional guidelines including Visa Insite, external web page, events and publications.
- Develop and maintain Consulting procedure guide and templates. Work with other Functions to ensure VCA practice adheres with company policy (inc. Audit, Finance, Procurement, Data Governance, Ops Support)
- Manage EU VCA Partner network - ensure new partners are aligned with VCA objectives and agreements are commercially competitive, oversee their on-boarding, lead partner reviews and performance reporting
- Lead the production of VCA Monthly Scorecard by working with consultants, Finance, Ops Support and VCA senior management to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of project data in the departmental project database with Consultants and Ops Support
- Support the assessment and migration of our database to new Global project tracking platform.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting to stakeholders and management across the business.
- Develop and implement training programs for the European team focusing on core skills, updates on essential training (e.g. PSD2) e.g. MS Teams, Valuation Models and Tools
- Support Head of VCA in setting and tracking departmental, cluster and individual objectives.
- Work with Finance to implement new financial policies and accounting structures across VCA
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes
- Liaise with counterparts in other regions to share consulting processes and tools in Europe
- Manage the collection of revenues from clients on a timely basis and in accordance with VCA financial policy and accounting procedures.
What we’re after…
- Extensive experience in managing large team processes and practices
- Excellent project management skills. Highly organised, accurate and structured thinker
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Deep commercial awareness
- Advanced Excel skills required to analyse large volumes of data and generate reports
- Excellent relationship management skills (as the role will require communication with senior consultants, executives from partner network and VCA senior management)
- Fluent in English (written & verbal)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey technical information
- Business acumen and analysis skills (research and analyse market and project information to tell a story)
- Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional
- Ability to travel – up to 50% throughout Europe
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.