Sr. Software Test Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer in Test for its Merchant and Acquirer Processing group (CyberSource) to bring creative thinking to some of our key strategic products. Working with a team of talented Engineers you will be at the forefront of revolutionizing the test approach across exciting new enterprise applications where reliability, performance, scalability and security are vital.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and executing the testing strategy at team level
- Being the voice for testing in the design and roll out of our application and services
- Partnering with your technical counterparts to deliver world-class products
- Embracing Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Championing the importance of quality in all aspects of the delivery lifecycle
- Channeling your creative and innovative mindset to continually evolve and enhance the test strategy and processes
- Taking a "hands-on" role in both the creation and execution of manual and automated test cases
- Functional, non-functional, integration and regression testing of CyberSource's portfolio of products
- Investing appropriately in automation, tools etc. to reduce, improve and simplify the overall testing effort for the product
- Instigating and contributing to quality centric change initiatives within CyberSource at both a local and global level
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be at their best when they are collaborating with a high performing team
- Be inquisitive in nature and innovative in their approach
- Be an advocate for quality, influencing the team to build quality into the release pipeline
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have proven experience in testing with a creative edge, showcasing strong problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
- Be highly confident in testing and automating APIs, Web Services, Batching applications and UI
- Be a technologist : happy and confident of writing code/script to test applications or build test frameworks across different technologies. Java and Oracle experience a must.
- Have strong knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Have a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with a minimum of 5 years experience in hands on testing
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.