Commercialisation Manager - Visa Direct - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Commercialisation Manager, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role in the Visa Direct team supports commercial engagements with Merchants and Enablers in Europe.
Visa Direct is a high priority digital product, offering significant potential for new revenue growth and displacement of cash and bank transfer. Originators (senders) and Recipients (beneficiaries) derive value from real-time payment use cases such as:
- Person-to-person payments via social networks (eg. Facebook, Google, Square)
- Payouts to suppliers to marketplace apps (eg. Uber, AirBnb, Amazon)
- Conventional disbursements (insurance, compensation claims, tax refunds).
The Visa Direct team owns and executes on the Push Payments strategy for Europe, is responsible for the development and commercialization of new mobile and digital payment solutions and has oversight of-market implementations in Europe.
The Commercialisation Manager will play a critical role in the development of this rapidly growing business. Working as part of a small but growing team with a start-up culture, and supported by strong strategy, global product and technical teams, he/she will be responsible for supporting engagement with Acquirers, Gateways, PSPs, Payment Facilitators or Merchants to help them identify real-time payment solutions - keeping in mind evolving market, client and consumer needs and with the objective of driving significant future market growth for Visa. He/She will help Enablers define and execute a go to market sales strategy for Visa Direct to take to existing merchants and expand into new areas.
The role has responsibility to support Merchant and Enabler commercial engagement across Europe. The role holder must possess a unique combination of commercial acumen, numeracy skills, organisation and project management skills as well as strategic thinking and an understanding of payments. Crucially, the candidate must demonstrate excellent collaboration and influencing skills to help drive the Push Payments strategy for Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will play a key role within the Visa Direct Commercialisation Team helping to drive commercial engagement and communications (including sell-in and value proposition), partnering with internal and external sales teams as applicable
- Manage our enablement pipeline and related revenue opportunities
- Utilise both internal and external data to develop compelling opportunites for our clients to leverage Visa Direct to help deliver the best solutions for their customers
- You will provide critical support gaining approval and sign off for commercial agreements that incentivise delivery of commitments and/or drive revenues from new use cases
What we're after...
- Unbounded intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Driven, resilient, and positive under pressure
- Well organised and capable of tracking delivery of multiple workstreams
- Knowledge and understanding of EU payment landscape and payment flows
- Experience in a product role for new payment products and capabilities including technical/commercial/advisory
- Experience simplifying the complex and removing commercial and technical barriers to execution
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced degree or equivalent is preferred, but not essential
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.