Sr. Director, Engagement - VU School of Digital Payments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Location is flexible and could be based at any of our Global Visa offices.
The Sr. Director, Engagement is a member of the leadership team of the newly formed School of Digital Payments (SDP) within Visa University. The SDP is a new CEO-supported venture sitting within the Strategy organization. Our vision is to make Visa University the place everyone everywhere goes to learn about payments. We are looking for innovative intrapreneurs who are passionate about payments and the impact educating others about the industry and Visa’s place in it can have on individuals, businesses and economies globally.
- Conduct market research to better understand customer needs, hone in on unmet client expectations, validate hypotheses about potential products and determine the total addressable market
- Understand the economic value our existing and new learning products create for our target markets and determine value-based pricing; explore new methods including subscription models, etc.
- Establish learning products as core (and VIK-eligible) offerings to our clients, merchants and partners through direct campaigns and existing sales channels
- Evolve and launch Visa University brand to external audiences; integrate Visa Business School and School of Public Policy programs
- Partner with Learning Enablement team to develop a platform to engage new audiences and drive new product offerings
- Develop and manage social platform to engage learners and build community
- Develop clever marketing campaigns and innovative channel, segment and market strategies to reach existing and new learners/customers
- Leverage existing marketing channels across Visa Inc and other internal businesses
- Assess opportunities to syndicate SDP content in other learning channels (e.g. Lynda.com, Pluralsight, etc.)
- Lead integrated marketing planning and execution across all SDP products. Partner with the Dean of the SDP to determine product launch priorities and marketing needs
- Determine appropriate KPIs for marketing plans and align them to business goals (e.g. customer survey, revenue/VIK)
- Iterate on approaches based on SEO and Google Analytics data, performance metrics and B2B and consumer marketing trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in Marketing/Communications strategy development and execution; Visa experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, natural curiosity and a desire to drive and make an impact in the payments industry
- Demonstrated success in building brand awareness and creating engaging marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Excellent writing and creative content marketing skills
- Experience with social platform management and marketing
- Agency and channel partner management experience preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization across all levels
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong results orientation
- Global mindset, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”
- Team player, skilled at developing relationships across levels and geographies and willing to pitch in where needed as we start up this exciting new business at Visa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.