New Grad - Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
VIP Systems / Middleware
- As a VIP Software Engineer you will:
- Develop / maintain efficient applications and operating systems code capable of operating at extreme volumes supporting a quickly evolvingpayments world.
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP Production systems.
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- Get exposure to zTPF operating systems internals (control program, network / communications, IO, database access).
- Work in lock step with IBM zTPF Development Lab on new feature / functionality for the platform as well as exploitation of new hardware features.
- Deploy Web Services to expose functionality to new mobile users.
- Perform extensive lab testing of cutting edge hardware and software technologies, pushing systems to their limits at extreme message rates.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Integrated Payment (VIP) system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work is in accordance with development standards
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.