Data Scientist Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants. The candidate should be highly skilled in data visualization tools such as Tableau.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidates must be quick learners with a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, SAS through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing the large data sets.
- Create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces/ dashboards for the next generation of our data driven solutions using Visa's data and analytic capabilities, technology and industry expertise
- He/she will work closely with the internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their problems.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current solutions within Visa.
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker and problem solver, with a blend of skills:
Business skills and general qualities:
- BA/BS required; MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred (eg: Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
- 5+ years of overall experience with strong interest in the future of payments a must.
- Strong experience developing Tableau solutions including administration of Tableau Server
- Experience designing and developing dashboards using Tableau including Desktop, Server, and web variants, using best practices and industry standards
- Experience in big data analytics (Hadoop) and statistical modeling in SAS including SAS E. Miner, SAS E. Guide and SPSS
- Excellent project management and organizational and presentational skills.
- Strong Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative, creativity, and self-motivation. Ability to multi-task various projects.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Thai is mandatory.
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy, or other programs is must
- Real world experience using Hadoop and related query engines (Hive / Impala)
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.