Senior Staff Release Integration Engineer (REF15666L) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Sr. Staff engineer of Release Integration Engineering, you will be responsible for designing and executing system-wide integration validations, design and build automation and validation tooling solutions to certify VDDP’s complex integrated releases. You’ll be a lead engineer to help teams become more efficient and effective. You will be part of the Release Integration Solutions team that is working on innovative and cutting edge Web and mobile technologies. Provide technical leadership and software developer expertise to release integration engineers who test and certify globally-scaled, fault-tolerant and highly available payment systems.
• Develop in-house or adopt, and implement automation tools / frameworks to support API, Web UI, native mobile applications, and end to end tests. Use your advanced software development skills and experience in prototyping automation with latest open source tools to implement organization wide automation test strategies
• Collaborate with software developers and testing teams to gather automation requirements, identify appropriate tools and execute proof of concept before rolling out for wider use.
• Identify and detect Integration vulnerabilities and faults in VDDP’s complex ecosystem. Design and build prevention mechanism by working with development leads and architects.
• Influence Developers to coding best practices to prevent system integration issues. Establish and enforce best practices, maintain documents related to automation and usages of tools / frameworks
• Ensure all Visa security & compliance policies are established and followed consistently
• Implement CI/CD and validation efficiencies across all VDDP applications using open source tools
• Adhere to Visa’s agile methodology, which presents a fast paced and dynamic environment for rapid growth and wide experience.
BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field
• 10+ years of software development or equivalent test automation experience in Agile software development environment
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform
• Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
• Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
• Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experienced Debugger by reviewing log file validation on a LINUX/UNIX server
• Experience working with complex multi-tier systems with inter-dependencies.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.