Director, Global AML/CTF Compliance
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Ensure AML/CTF policy and procedures mitigate the risk that the Visa network is utilized for illicit activity. Manage AML/CTF policy and procedures, enterprise-wide risk assessments, and country ratings reporting directly to the AML/Sanctions Compliance Officer. Serve as the representative from Global Compliance for Product Risk Assessments, New Business Initiatives, and the GPIC Emerging Product Working Group.
- Design, execute, and manage enterprise-wide and product-specific BSA/AML and CTF policy, procedures, risk assessments, and country risk ratings
- Assess compliance with BSA/AML and CTF related regulations and established organizational policies and procedures, and proactively identify and evaluate potential and emerging risks that may require program enhancement
- Interact with senior management in compliance, legal, risk, and business units concerning AML/CTF issues and processes.
- Collaborate with enterprise-level and business units to ensure successful program execution. Serve as trusted advisor, subject matter expert, and partner to business units throughout the organization
- Design, execute, and manage internal reviews based upon review objectives, risks, and regulatory requirements.
- Identify risks and related controls and Manage internal reviews across different products, services, and entities. Manage the central repository (SharePoint Tool) for product reviews.
- Assess risk of waivers to Treasury settlement rules
- Design and manage the Global Anti-Money Laundering Questionnaires and Supplement Guides.
- Work with U.S. regulators and assist with preparation for regulatory examinations and manage onsite independent reviews conducted by third-parties. Track and manage BSA/AML and CTF issues/findings and recommendations identified to ensure resolution
- Represent Global Compliance for Product Risk Assessments, New Business Initiatives, and the GPIC Emerging Product Working Group. Coordinate with senior management from AML/Sanctions, Anti-bribery, and data privacy to ensure risk mitigation and strategy. Report to Chief Compliance Officer
- Assess the impact to business units of meeting compliance requirements and help them optimize for business results and lead initiatives to streamline and simplify processes
- Assess and manage risk throughout the new project lifecycle and work with key stakeholders to deliver risk mitigation plans and strategy as needed
- Coordinate with training director to ensure updates based upon changes in risks associated with products, regulations, laws, risk appetite, etc. Provide new executive training for AML/CTF.
- Bachelors/Degree or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of implementing AML/ATF, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC programs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for external clients and internal partners, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
- Strong project management and organization skills to keep large cross-functional teams delivering towards a common goal
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in and elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
- Ability to perform under pressure and capable of working collaboratively with employees throughout the company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.