Chief Enterprise Architect - Cloud
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the NFL, Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Chief Architect will assume a leadership role in defining the strategy and vision for how we utilize externally hosted business functions. The primary focus for the successful candidate will be on the Client Systems suite of applications; however, the role will hold further responsible for identifying additional opportunities to apply cloud-hosted solutions across the wider set of Issuer Processing capabilities. A detail-oriented technical professional is required to not only participate in building our technical strategy, but also in applying sound security and operational best practices for solutions hosted in the cloud, or on premise using cloud technologies. The role will be a key technical leader in identifying and applying industry trends in process, tools, and methodologies. A key responsibility of this role will be to build positive and effective relationships among the assorted Product, Development, QA, Project Management and Operations teams to work within designed processes. This person will provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the solution architects working directly with project implementations. A proven record of converting architecture and strategy into actionable delivery will be a primary requirement for this position.
As a key member of the architecture team, the candidate must be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Responsible for the overall enterprise/strategic architecture, such as, Platform Roadmap, Service Roadmap, and Product selection approval for our Client Systems assets. Including the following:
Responsible for Client Systems overall strategic architecture which must be aligned with, and supportive of, Visa’s technology strategy and inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric, and global.
Responsible for Client Systems’ Platform and Service Roadmaps as well as associated product selections informed by business requirements and strategic plans as well as best of breed and emerging technologies.
Develop a broad and detailed understanding of Client Systems ecosystem, associated business, application, component services, and integrations with Visa’s wider set of systems.
Champion and drive the evolution and transformation of Client Systems ecosystem in alignment with Platform and Service roadmaps.
Security & Risk Management responsibilities include:
Accountable for managing the security and risk posture associated with Client Systems various platforms and services, exceptions, vulnerability remediation, and pen test findings.
Interface with Visa’s Cybersecurity function to ensure cybersecurity best practices are applied in addition to maintaining conformance to Visa’s standards.
Demonstrate an in depth understanding of protection of data in transit, at rest, and in-use.
Provide oversight to project delivery, focusing on driving down technical debt over time.
Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement cloud based solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing.
Lead and mentor solution architects, engineers, managers and business teams and individuals.
Communicate cross-functionally on the vision and provide presentations of the proposed solution.
Act as a subject matter expert on Cloud best practices within and outside of the organization.
Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in Cloud based technologies, both internally and externally hosted.
Acts as a technical liaison between customer support services, product, service engineering teams and support.
Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture.
Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions.
- Create technical documentation.
BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university.
Must be comfortable building systems architecture artifacts using modeling, and being able to effectively communicate architectural intention to delivery teams for execution.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms including Salesforce.com, Azure, Microsoft Dynamics, and AWS.
- Broad knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with change and configuration management practices in internally hosted, and cloud hosted environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing architectural fundamentals including distinctions between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Clear understanding of Data Protection requirements in securing cloud hosted applications.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle tools.
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum), which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring concepts
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of container-based architectures.
- Working experience with Network and Application Security related to protecting Cloud-based applications.
- Experience as technical lead organizing and mentoring junior and intermediate level engineers/architects.
- Familiarity with Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements, responsibility matrix, and associated Attestation of Compliance reports considered a plus.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.