Senior Risk Analyst, Supplier Risk Management Program - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Risk Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate incoming supplier engagements to ensure suppliers are accurately and efficiently risk evaluated initially and periodically thereafter during the lifecycle.
- This position will be responsible for assessing incoming supplier engagements for high risk exposure. This includes working with sourcing and/or business partners to ensure data is complete and accurate, inherent risks are correctly identified and residual risks are assessed correctly.
- To ensure risk is captured correctly, this role will require understanding various risk stakeholders programs (Anti-Bribery, Physical Security, Data Privacy, etc.) and their acceptable controls to conduct due diligence or determine any incremental due diligence and determine residual risk.
- This person will work closely with the Risk Stakeholder subject matter experts when issues arise to get them remediated or risk accepted and will partner with Business Owners and Sourcing leads wherever necessary to obtain clarification on open issues or incorrect input and record and document updates as evidences of change in engagement records.
- This role will need to ensure timely maintenance and updates for supplier profiles which includes performing ongoing risk assessment and analysis of supplier’s holistic relationship.
- The Senior Risk Analyst is expected to ensure all aspects of the assigned functions adhere to the Supplier Risk Management Policy and procedures.
- This position reports to the Head of Supplier Risk Management (Europe).
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage incoming risk assessments, and conduct due diligence evaluations of suppliers for Visa Europe. Process to include interviews with business requestors, ensuring that the proposed new service or product has been accurately reflected in the submission prior to completion of automated assessment.
- Conduct ongoing periodic risk assessment of suppliers to ensure inherent and residual risk remain accurate
- Re assess existing suppliers, upon receipt of a proposal to purchase a new service including possible re –engagement with the Risk Stakeholders to ensure that the Inherent risks are accurate and also that the Supplier contract remains aligned to the risks associated with the new service.
- Work closely with Sourcing and business partners to ensure a clear understanding of the services or product being purchased for appropriate risk evaluations.
- Act as risk subject matter expert for suppliers for Visa Europe
- Have a strong understanding of Payment Systems and Supplier Risk to be able to validate for accuracy and completeness of the requests for purchase of goods and services from suppliers
- Have a broad understanding of multiple risk areas such as Anti-Bribery, Cyber security, business continuity, physical security, reputational and financial risks
- Understanding of inherent risks, controls, and residual risks as applicable for companies in the financial services and technology industry to evaluate risk profiles to determine if the responses for questions in request submitted by Business Owners accurately represent the supplier risk posed to Visa by the requested goods and services
- Have a solid understanding of Payment System Risk to evaluate engagements with risk exposure to determine appropriate risk information is being captured and to be able to explain the risk requirements and subsequent steps to all participants of the Supplier Risk Management process
- Ability to act as a liaison between different stakeholders and business owners to ensure accurate risk and control information related to the requested goods and services is being documented
- Co-ordinate with Business Owners to clarify responses on risk questions and document all the communications as evidence to changes in transactions.
- Ability to quickly develop strong understanding of the process flow and risk logic within the supplier manager tool to successfully support business and risk stakeholder in completing risk assessments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent internal customer service to ensure SLAs are met in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Good to have proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, iProcurement, Oracle, Hiperos) to be able to understand data flow in various systems and determine most efficient course of action to remedy issues.
- No line management responsibility
- Responsibility for supporting the delivery of the Europe SRMP team budget
What we’re after…
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly communicate with senior executives
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Employer will accept Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity, Business, Finance, or related field; and senior-level experience in general risk with strong experience as a senior risk analyst- related occupation.
Education or experience must include:
- Executing risk programs, Cybersecurity programs and/or audit program
- Experience with security and operational risk programs within the payment industry;
- Risk assessments and developing risk frameworks and process to determine the outcome applied to entire population and demonstrating an effective result;
- Experience with leading projects/team across multiple groups;
- Conducting business and business process assessments involving selection of standards and baseline values required to define a risk framework;
- Experience with supplier or vendor assessment framework and tools
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.