Sr. Software Engineer - Test Engineering
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 15,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa seeks a Senior Software Test Engineer to join the Network Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's Treasury Systems Testing stream. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. This position is ideal for an experienced Test Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. Experience in automated testing, CI/CD, and full stack software design and development is a plus.The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-throughs, testing, building and maintaining automated test solutions for multiple applications on a variety of technology stacks, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Passion for high quality software design and engineering
- Familiarity with Selenium, QuickTest Pro, and other automation tools is desired
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or NUnit
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Familiarity with relational database design and implementation
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
- 3+ years software development and test experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.