Big Data Application Analyst
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Merchant Product and Services is a part of the Data Product Development amd is responsible for delivering Merchant Products and Services based on Visa's core merchant repository.
In this role, you will be
- Developing new capabilities on the merchant platform, develops and execute applications using the high quality Merchant data in our consolidated Merchant warehouse
- Build systems to measure Merchant Data Quality, automatically detect and fix issues. Build self-learning and healing systems that can take corrective action on complex Merchant Brand, Location and Geography,
- Responsible for developing robust solutions that guarantee a highly available, accurate, current and complete representation of Merchant data in all of Visa’s merchant warehouses
- Responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Serving as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations
- Participating in the data analysis and lead implementation of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software and analytics systems
- Participating in interaction with business units to define requirements/modifications for use in designing appropriate solutions
- Working closely with other project team members and may be required to interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions
To be considered for this role, we require you to have or bring with you:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other technology field or equivalent experience; and a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in data analysis, reporting, software design and development
- Large volume data processing using Big Data infrastructure is required. Experience in analyzing, defining and processing complex transforms, rule driven business logic, parameterized processing of business data sets is required
- Big data development on large Hadoop clusters using Pig, Hive, Map/Reduce, Spark, H-Base, No SQL DBs or equivalent is required
- Strong background in SQL, data analysis, data modeling, reporting, application frameworks or equivalent is required
- Strong experience in reporting tools and solutions like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Cognos, Excel, MS Access or equivalent is required
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to present data analysis results to various levels of management is required
- Knowledge of payments industry, merchant domain is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.