Senior Product Manager Virtual Travel Visa Business Solutions - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Product Manager (Virtual Travel) based in London, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This role is a key part of the Visa Business Solutions (VBS) Europe product management team. It is responsible for ensuring that our corporate business travel portfolio remains competitive and compliant, for delivery of key enhancements, and being and active part of business development.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Be responsible for the full product management of the VBS virtual card products in Europe that address the corporate & Online travel agent (OTA) travel industry vertical. Note that some functionality in these services is delivered by third parties which require active management
- Refine key performance reporting, measures and metrics to ensure the profitable delivery of all products. Use customer feedback and financial metrics to recommend enhancements, and improvements to fine tune the financial performance of all products in the sector. Work with the Head of Travel to ensure VBS Europe leadership team has ready access to product metrics throughout the year
- Maintain product and service quality. Gather feedback from Clients, understand the quality of the full sales, implementation and day to day operation of the services. Use this information to drive product improvement. Be responsible for the performance of third party providers, understand contractual commitments and escalation procedures
Be responsible for the implementation of product enhancements to Visa virtual products, working with the Platform and Business Solutions Support & Implementation (BSSI) teams
- Work with the Head of Travel on a virtual card products roadmap for Europe and on a product P&L
- Along with the VBS Europe sales team build out a client segmentation and sales pipeline for the virtual card products
- Be subject matter expert on the business travel & OTA vertical, working with the Head of Travel in VBS London, and other VBS teams in North America, CEMEA, LATAM and Asia Pacific. Understand the key roles and agendas of the key players in the travel market (Online Travel Agents, Business Travel Management Companies, and GDS like Amadeus and Sabre)
- Build an understanding of the Fraedom product range, specifically reporting and expense management products. Ensure that the requirements of Visa Europe clients are recognised in Fraedom roadmaps
- Be an active part of the digitisation of business travel products by our Clients, working with the Visa London Innovation Centre
- Be a subject matter expert on Visa interchange (across Europe) and fees where they apply to travel. Support research, analysis and the recommendation of changes, working with the Europe Payment Economics team. Support pricing and monitoring of key Client deals as required
- Maintain an understanding of regulation as it applies to commercial card, understand planned regulation and potential impacts and recommend approaches. In particular, have a working understanding of the challenges of PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication (PSD2 SCA)
- Be responsible for marketing and communication materials (including product materials, pricing, contracts and other documents)
- Support internal training, communication and education within Visa Europe as required. Build and maintain a product library on the corporate travel product set for use by colleagues in Europe and other regions as required
What we're after...
- An individual with substantial experience in product management of commercial card or transaction banking products or payments experience in the travel industry, with a demonstrable understanding of financial, P+L and budget management
- Evidence of the ability to deliver new products in this category, including close partnership with the Europe Platform team, gathering the required internal approvals, launch plans and communication and collateral development. This requires the ability to own and deliver a plan or to work collaboratively on larger projects.
An individual who can work with customer support and implementation teams to ensure quality service, and support those teams, including work transition and process mapping
High energy level, performance oriented and passionate about Visa’s commercial products, and has an interest in the future of real time payments
Have credibility to work with Clients, build effective relationships to gain the confidence of clients and have the ability to establish open and transparent relationships
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential as you will be communicating both business and technical propositions to Clients
An individual who is available to be in the Visa Paddington office, to be available to work with and support colleagues. Travel across Europe may be required infrequently
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.