Sr SW Engineer - Netcool
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa
works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our
VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the
Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist; works independently with/without guidance for Next Generation Operations Product Devops team.
• Responsible for the design and implementation of Custom and off-the-shelf application based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and server infrastructure procedural models
• Ability to operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the cross- functional and technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
• This position requires a candidate with strong knowledge on RHEL Linux & Windows Operating systems with business acumen
• Responsible for tracking issues via ITSM tools following industry standard ITIL processes for NGO Products Devops management.
• Assist in proof of concept and product enhancements to meet the changing business and technology demands.
• This position requires a dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• This position requires an individual to learn new technologies for cross training on different products on demand basis.
• This position requires a 24/7 support for P1/P2 issues and flexible in timing to collaborate global team in different time zones.
- Bachelor's degree required and at least 3+ years relevant work experience, or Master’s degree with 1-2 years’ experience.
- 2+ years in a successful hand on technical role in development regularly releasing well-tested solutions with complex integrations to meet application and service objectives.
- A strong foundation in complex application architectures and complex systems.
- Bladelogic, SCCM or knowledge of any configuration management tool to deploy packages.
- Must have strong Competency with RHEL Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems commands, performance and debugging, and an understanding of web services.
- Working Knowledge and experience supporting these tools –Netcool Omnibus, Netcool Impact, third party notification products such as MIR3, Everbridge.
- Nice to have administration and Monitoring/knowledge of solution deployment in various COTS products in URL monitoring using Splunk, SCOM, Dyntrace, Catch Point etc.
- API and RESTful principles, able to utilize REST APIs for integration and testing (must have).
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are essential in this role. Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis.
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Self-confident and highly willing to participate in team efforts.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives of which he/she will apply their applicable business, technical and system functionality background.
- Strong knowledge in Network, Systems, Application and Infrastructure Alert Management concepts.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.