Director, Human Resources Business Partner
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
A Key Business Partner providing consultative, advisory services to allocated Corporate Function heads and their respective leadership teams. Driving HR strategy, priorities and programs enabling leaders to attain their business objectives.
Responsible for elevating employee engagement across all HR competencies. Provide coaching to managers on HR, people and organizational matters.
- Responsible for the provision of HR expertise to business functions and regions in all aspects HR
- Ensure that HR policy & advice to client groups is in accordance with employment law, Visa strategy and best practice
- Advise, support and train managers on addressing and dealing with employee related issues
- Advise clients with the development of the most appropriate organizational structures and bring about effective organizational and cultural change
- Work with clients to build high performing teams (real, virtual, matrix, cross-functional etc.)
- Work with clients to create and manage a workforce strategy and support execution
- Assist with advice on contracts of employment for employees, including ex-pats, overseas ‘local’ employees and relocations.
- Participate in the selection process as appropriate
- Maintain all the above in line with HR reward policies. Advise Reward staff on issues regarding policy and assist as necessary to improve their service (e.g. market data provision)
- Assist with the implementation of Talent Management policy including:
- Implementation of key programs in client areas;
- Talent management initiatives including supporting global mobility initiatives; employee & leadership assessment and development.
- Assist in the implementation of reward policy including pay review, benchmarking; and performance related pay and reward.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex environments
- Experience working in complex organizations (matrix, cross cultural, cross geographical)
- Sets high standards of client service and works closely to establish credibility with clients
- Shapes interventions so that internal clients understand what will be delivered and when, and the process to achieve the target outcomes
- Ability to balance employer and employee advocacy
- Strong project management skills; Manages demanding goals with a project/consulting mindset and to a high standard
- Good numerical and analytical skills; strong Excel skills a plus
- Solid communication and relationship building skills; Connects with people and flexes style accordingly
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Solid HR business partner or HR generalist experience
- Experience in an international company
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.