Unix Systems Analyst*
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking to add five (5) Unix System Analysts to join our Distributed Systems, Operations and Engineering Application Support Team. Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining mission critical 24*7 applications. You'll be working in a face-paced environment and will be a liaison between the Product Office and Product Development. You will also be working closely with infrastructure, security and other teams as required. Responsibilities would include:
- Level 2 Application Support for applications and services at Visa
- Change, Incident and Problem management according to Visa guidelines
- Participate in change planning, deployment and review
- Monitor incident queues, troubleshoot issues and lead conference calls with other groups to mitigate impacts
- Determine root cause of issues and document it in the appropriate system
- Project management for Information Technology initiatives Participate in on call rotation as assigned by manager
- Facilitate and attend meetings for Business and Information Technology initiatives
- Write and maintain programs and scripts to achieve Information Technology objectives
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and work with offshore teams to facilitate around the clock support for applications and services
- 2-5+ or more years of experience in Level 2 application support for critical applications
- 2 or more years experience with with the following:
- sing change, incident and problem management systems such as Remedy, Service Now or equivalent
- planning, deploying and reviewing changes for critical applications
- troubleshooting and resolving incidents
- 2 or more years of experience conducting root cause analysis
- 2 or more years of experience leading or participating in projects, and facilitating meetings for IT initiatives
- being on call in support of critical applications ***a rotational on-call support shift is required of all team members***
- Linux and/or Windows operating system
- supporting Java applications that run in Apache Tomcat, WebSphere or similar containers
- relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or equivalent
- experience with SQL
- writing scripts in BASH, PYTHON, Windows Shell or PowerShell or equivalent.
- Master’s and 1 years of experience in the job offered, or Bachelors and 3 years of work experience in the job offered.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.