Sr. Program Manager, Portfolio
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Sr. Portfolio Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that MAPPD’s programs and projects are planned, managed, and governed in a consistent, transparent, and disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Visa’s leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
In this role, s(he) oversees the processes that govern the management of the portfolio, working with Business and product development stakeholders to ensure the smooth planning and execution of all projects. S(he) facilitates collective communications across the global team related to all planning, delivery and continually works to improve processes related to portfolio project
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies/techniques including Agile/Scrum, Scaled Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban
- 1+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- 8+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
- TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience with other Lean/Agile framework and methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe,XP, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively to organizational-wide audiences via mutliple channels
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.