Director - Product Manager, Payment Security and Key Management
- Bellevue, WA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
CyberSource and Authorize.Net are launching exciting and innovative products in the payment space. Product Managers are the architects of CyberSource and Authorize.Net product offerings and the key drivers of product line success and merchant and partner adoption. They drive the product line vision & strategy and its delivery and execution across the organization. The platform on which the products are built include, not only technology infrastructure, but also must be architected in such a way as to allow for growth and innovation within the product lines.
CyberSource and Authorize.Net partner with merchant acquirers and technology partners around the globe to provide consolidated merchant acceptance solutions to merchants of all sizes. The Director, Product Management - Payment Security & Key Management will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team that sponsors and defines the business and technology requirements for card present solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering point of sale (POS) solutions to merchants as an acquirer/processor or technology solution provider and/or implementing POS solutions. Candidates will have experience working with internal and external stakeholders to define the needs of the business and sponsor initiatives that drive the business forward.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and tracking the evolving payments market through customer outreach and competitive analysis
- Defining product vision and articulating feature requirements to product development teams
- Defining and managing product roadmaps
- Developing business cases and managing strategic product planning
- Driving alignment with sponsors, business stakeholders, architecture, user experience and security teams to ensure designs meet market requirements
- Managing customer-facing/internal commercialization readiness and product lifecycle planning with cross functional teams through beta, pilot, general availability and end-of-life stages
Lead the new strategy, vision, roadmap, infrastructure definition, and feature-set implementation of security, encryption, key management and certificate management products for payment acceptance devices
Set a high bar for product management excellence, enforcing a culture of product development that is agile, user-focused, and based on rapid execution of small, measurable successes.
Prepare and implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution.
Work with our own global security team and our customers and partners to ensure the seamless operation of a global security system.
Own the results. Analyze KPI’s and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
Become the go-to person for your products. Develop best practices
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years of Product Management experience required, 2 years focused on POS payments
- Strong understanding of physical POS payments including hardware, software and processor solutions for POS including EMV and digital payments
- Financial services/payments, ecommerce, and mobile commerce industry experience a strong plus
- Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Experience in structuring cross-channel solutions for enterprise, mid-market and small business merchants with Physical and E-commerce business lines
- Strong understanding of Credit and Debit processing at POS including PIN debit, Chip and Pin/EMV processing worldwide
Experience in PCI compliance programs with a strong knowledge of PCI data security standard (PCI DSS) and requirements on application security
Knowledge of digital certificates, encryption key management, remote key loading, application signing and principles of information security using encryption.
Experience with Payments security standards bodies, such as PCI and ANSI X9.
- Knowledge and experience with the physical device lifecycle including terminal manufacturers and VAR resellers and support organizations will be necessary
- Experience with mobile payment acceptance for field based merchants and small business merchants
- Adept at flexing to multiple planning and product development methodologies
- Strong understanding of merchant business metrics in a cross-channel environment
- The ability to identify, document and prioritize use cases and product functionality requirements for the execution of a cohesive product offering
- Proven record of designing and delivering solutions in partnership with sales, business development, technology and support teams for successful end-to-end product launch
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Demonstrated interpersonal and change management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to interface with internal and external clients and partners at all levels
- Strong analytical, planning and project management experience with strong problem solving capabilities with proven ability to lead projects end-to-end to meet client commitments
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, business development, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams in a complex, highly matrixed organization to determine business and customer needs and to build solutions to meet those needs
- Ability to measure and analyze product performance and ROI to use in driving improved adoption
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.