Senior Director - Head, Visa Consulting & Analytics for Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC)
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) for IPVMC will lead a high performing team of consultants and data scientists who engage with senior leaders at Visa’s client organizations through impactful, data-driven consulting & analytics projects. These engagements help our issuing, acquiring and merchant clients drive the growth and improved profitability of their payments businesses. The Senior Director will collaborate closely with Visa colleagues including those from Business Development, Product, Client Marketing, Risk and Client Service & Support. This role reports dually to the Head of Visa Consulting & Analytics for Asia Pacific as well as the Group Country Manager, IPVMC, serving on both their respective leadership teams.
- Team Leadership. Lead & empower a talented team of approximately 10 consultants and data scientists. Coach & mentor team members in client development, project execution and technical skills. Ensure robust personal career development plans are in place and executed. Assign engagements to team members balancing relevant experience vs. development needs. Create a collaborative & supportive team environment where team members can achieve their full potential in a sustainable way.
- Business Development. Help team develop and deliver on annual plans for consulting needs for IPVMC clients by proactively engaging with clients on identifying portfolio pain points and potential VCA solutions to address them. Ensure the team has laid out a robust program of project work to drive client business growth and/or performance improvement across all key clients. Manage allocation of work across team and manage the project pipeline to maximize efficiency, throughput and quality.
- Project Execution. Lead team in designing consulting solutions to client requirements, striving for innovative and efficient approaches. Develop frameworks and approaches that enable clients to address opportunities and tackle challenges. Encourage team to tap into Visa knowledge, best practices, benchmark data, research both primary and secondary, and analysis of client and industry situation. Select and manage contracting with any 3rd party consulting and/or analytics partners involved in the delivery of consulting engagements. Ensure appropriate project closure.
- Collaboration. Foster partnership with leaders of other functional areas, ensuring alignment of opportunities and recommendations. Provide subject matter expertise support and knowledge transfer to the wider Visa Consulting & Analytics function regionally & globally, in addition to the wider Visa team. Contribute as an active & influential member of the regional VCA & IPVMC leadership teams.
- Key Deliverables. Deliver on annual revenue and business impact deliverables as detailed in the annual plans for IPVMC. Help clients to profitably grow their Visa related businesses. Ensure that the team is leading on engagements that drive preference for Visa with our clients. Work to see that the team both attracts the highest caliber of talent and is seen as a source for talent from within Visa.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in retail banking or financial services consulting with the majority of that time in cards and payments and/or closely related industries
- Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred as is experience with a relevant client organization within IPVMC.
- Proven experience leading and empowering a high performing team of client-focused professionals
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Strong understanding of card issuers’ and acquirers P&L and critical factors in driving performance & profitability
- Consulting experience preferred with payments, project management and/or process re-engineering credentials preferred
- Proven Leadership skills, including: Leading by Example, Open Communication, ability to Enable & Inspire, evidence of Excelling with Partners, ability to Act Decisively and high level Collaboration skills
- Critical elements of consulting toolkit:
- problem identification & crystallization applying strategy, analysis & creativity
- hypothesis generation to enable data-driven problem solving
- robust & rigorous project management capabilities
- superior communication skills, including ability to structure & deliver executive level storylines
- relationship management capability, including ability to effectively influence and negotiate with senior executives internally & externally
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc. and the power of analytics to inform and drive both strategy and execution
- Entrepreneurial & commercially minded, ability to lead a growing business & achieve strong results
- Strong academic credentials, with relevant undergraduate degree and MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Global mindset, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally and in a matrix organization
- Willingness to travel, up to 50%