Director, Software Engineering/Product Development, CyberSource, A Visa Inc. Solution
- Belfast, UK
At CyberSource we build the tools that helps businesses turn their ideas into reality. All across the globe merchants look to CyberSource for tools, knowledge and a passion for making payment acceptance safe, fast and easy. We are on an exciting growth journey and we are looking for individuals who echo our client obsession, enjoy delivering great technology (at a global scale) and creating success.
We started this business when the internet was just learning how to walk…now that it’s running at lightning speed, we’re excited about building the next generation of tools that will make starting or growing a company as easy as pie. And, we’re Visa…which makes it fantastic to scale with us since we’re already the #1 payments company in the world. We couldn’t do this without our people. That is at our core. It is our employees’ passion, initiative, creativity and innovation that drives our success and the success of every client we work with. #1 company=best in class talent.
Come join us!
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Director of Engineering to own and evolve one of CyberSource' core global offerings. Within this role you will lead a team of smart and talented engineers and architects to translate the function’s business vision into a technical reality. Working at the core of one of our strategic functions you will thrive in challenging your rich skill set; you will be a visionary leader, a technical partner, a product advocate, an agile delivery enthusiast, a people enabler and an executor.
As a Director you will:
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the long-term technical strategy for one of CyberSource's core products in it's global portfolio
- Collaborate with product management to continuously evolve the product portfolio and deliver value add to the business
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical solutions and approaches to product development
- Delight the customer through the delivery of applications with the highest levels of performance, reliability and usability
- Proactively drive team and project performance; identifying and championing Best Practice Software Development processes
- Promote team engagement as well as the ongoing mentoring and professional development of highly skilled technical professionals
- Contribute, influence and deliver on CyberSource’s wider organizational strategy and goals (both at a local and global level)
Our ideal candidate will bring
- Technical Aptitude: You will bring a depth of technical experience to the role having had experience in building enterprise class solutions. Whilst it may have been a while since you last coded, you will be channeling your inner techie to influence design and technical decisions.
- Servant Leadership: You recognise the necessity and adhere to putting the needs of your team first; you promote empowerment within the team and are an advocate for people development
- Thought leadership: You will continuously challenge the status quo and you will be relentless in your focus to initiate and drive change
- Product Advocacy: You will bring a deep understanding of both the technology and the application thereof and how this can be leveraged for business success
- Vision: You will be a high energy, big thinker who possesses an ability to influence others
- Pragmatism and Accountability: You will have an innate ability to think strategically and execute methodically as well as a track record of driving team engagement and delivering on commitments
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- At BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field with substantive experience in hands on development, as well as a track record in a senior leadership role
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.