Finance MBA Intern (Multiple Locations)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes people’s lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, Austin, TX
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional. The payoff is that the Summer Intern will have direct access and exposure to senior management and will participate in the analysis, execution, and presentation of key project or financial results and recommendations for Visa Leadership.
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Financial Planning & Analytics
Partner with the business to develop budgets, forecasts and investment strategies in support of strategic imperatives and Visa’s business goals and objectives.
Support Visa through the cost-effective procurement of goods and services, while minimizing contractual risk.
- Provide insight into business drivers and performance
- Storyboard and execute analytical outlook and communication materials for leadership; Identify and communicate main implications from analysis
- Prepare financial review packages including variance, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
- Lead project, execute and develop a set of recommendations for a key business “pain point”
- Meet and engage business stakeholders to refine project scope and approach
- Identify focus areas, perform analysis and execute project
- Develop overall project presentation, recommendations & next steps
- Collaborate and build partnerships across Finance and Business unit teams
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to look at business drivers, options for decision making and to make recommendations
- Jointly develop in-depth business cases for investments
- Understand stakeholder needs to identify opportunities to introduce new tools and improve analysis used for decision making
*Projects and team assignments will be based upon candidate’s technical abilities and interest. Location will be determined based upon the team’s need.
- B.S. or B.A. in technical field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.) with 3-5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- In progress of obtaining a MBA from leading business school
- Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives
- Strong business acumen for linking operational and results
- Collaboration and leadership skills for the development, coordination, implementation and satisfactory completion of a deliverable
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with rapidly changing environment and reprioritization of tasks
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.