Senior Director - Global Clients
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Senior Director, Global Clients is responsible for growing the business with one of Visa’s largest and most complex clients. This position is responsible for increasing strategic value to the client, growing client and Visa revenue, and strengthening executive relationships through identifying and implementing strategic growth opportunities. The position will lead a cross-functional team of internal partners and will work closely with client executives to create value for both organizations.
- Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance and operation of the payments business for one of Visa’s largest and most complex Global Financial Institution clients
- Manage the client's commercial payments vision and strategy on Visa products. Lead and coordinate efforts across AP Region to drive results; develop strategic relationships with the senior management and all decision makers.
- Create and implement innovative solutions that drive the client’s strategic priorities
- Expand and complement cross functional team’s skills in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing and operations.
- Manage and maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology and operations.
- Demonstrate leadership in setting the regional commercial payments strategy for the client in association with internal Visa Inc. stakeholders and the client’s global executive team.
- Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to liaise with marketing, and product development across the globe in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must take hands on leadership in this area and ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to and are embraced by the client. Ideally, this position will bring vision and foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the client's recognition of need.
- Establish a world-class, cross-functional commercial account team. Organize this matrixed, global team as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities across the AP region over the short and long term.
- Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the account team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the client.
Consultative Selling – Win New Business Opportunities
- Identify, pursue and close new business opportunities such as commercial portfolios that drive incremental revenue to Visa and the client, and secure brand decisions for Visa.
- Increase/maintain Visa’s share of client’s business by identifying and selling new product, marketing and innovative technology opportunities.
Financial Acumen - Shape Financial Results
- Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices.
- Ensure that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models.
Results Orientation - Drive Organizational Success
- Get results that have a clear, positive direct impact on business performance.
- Enthusiastically support the organization and influence others to commit to its mission and vision.
Strategic Thinking - Shape Strategy
- Identify and integrate organizational strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage
- Develop strategic solutions that leverage the core capabilities and competencies of the company.
Decision Making - Use Seasoned Judgment
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- Make decisions that optimize organizational performance.
Analysis - Drive Systematic Implications
- Clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Recognize key interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues.
- 10 plus years’ business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting
- Four-year college degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience managing large commercial portfolios (marketing, sales, product development and/or operations)
- Strong knowledge of commercial payment products including product construct and lifecycle management
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
- Proven ability to create strategic solutions (product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) and implement them to drive top line results
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Good project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint