Senior Director, Clearing and Settlement Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This Senior Director will be responsible for leading a team of directors and developers for one of Visa’s core payment processing applications. The candidate will need to provide leadership and guidance to the team to execute product design, development and delivery. The individual must be a strong leader, be able to identify and prioritize activities, and work effectively with teams in different geographies across different time zones. The team consists of a mix of new college graduates and experienced individuals. The candidate must instill a work culture that allows members of the team to feel challenged and engaged while at the same time, gaining domain experience and contributing to projects.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the Clearing and Settlement product development team
- Keep management informed of progress and any obstacles impeding the successful implementation of projects
- Ensure teams are conscious of code quality
- Partner with Product, project management, application architecture teams and other development teams to meet delivery commitments
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, inclusive, ethical and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking, capacity planning and forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost objectives
- Establish clear, aligned goals and direction; provide candid feedback and coaching to maximize team competency, support career management and development of direct reports
- Support production services; rally the team during production issues to enable fast recovery to normalcy
- Work with other directors and senior directors within the department to build seamless workflow and processes that will ensure efficient management of resources and the timely deliverable of projects and work units
- Collaborate and consult with other directors and senior directors in other parts of the organization to ensure that project’s objectives are aligned with quality standards, strategies, and goals
- Mentor and lead other members of the department in the area of development best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Science, Math
A minimum of 12 years of experience with information technology, including development, solutions architecture, and implementation experience
- Extensive company and payment industry knowledge
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams
Significant experience implementing large-scale projects, using a geographically distributed technology organization in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management
Ability to interface and cultivate excellent working relationships both within technology, business and vendors
Ability to work in a complex environment, Global/International experience and the ability to work across cultures and time zones