Sr. Director Open VisaNet Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country and global processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from proprietary hardware systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects Reporting to VP of Open VisaNet Engineering of Networking Processing Technology, the Senior Director in India will be fully accountable for engineering functions of Open VisaNet in Bangalore and will be responsible all functions of including Development, Tools, QA and Release. S/he will closely work with teams in other locations for developing and executing projects and programs within a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables Visa Payments.
- Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput core payment processing system that has five 9 availability.
- Develop and nurture the India center by motivating and mentoring staff, hire critical talent and develop autonomous portfolio.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work.
- Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists. Develop strategic, mature, whole-function managers.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best practices.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- Prior experience must include leadership for mission-critical system applications supporting high volume transaction systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience in building systems software preferably in domains that require high through-put and low-latency.
- Must be high impact executive with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution. Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for backend concurrent engineering, system software development and deployment on diverse platforms.
- Must have demonstrated success in onshore-offshore organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and an enterprise agile product development process across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what's possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- 18+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master's degree is a plus.
GoLang, Java, Scala
Kafka, Nomad, HDFS
Kubernetes, Envoy, Consul
Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Kibana
Datastore – NoSQL and RDBMS
Tools and automation expertise: Defect Management (e.g., Jira), Source Management (e.g., GIT), Jenkins for CI
Secure Software Development Lifecycle processes
Practical Agile development practices
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.