Senior Settlement Executive - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Settlement Executive, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The role will be responsible for managing funds transfers for the European Settlement Services, including making SWIFT payments, ensuring that funds are received from Clients and reconciling multiple bank accounts on a daily basis. Additional scope of responsibility for the successful candidate includes answering Client queries and requests, set up of drawdowns, and updating Client standard settlement instructions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Investigate and respond to queries from Clients and Visa’s Settlement Banks
- Lead Client account management including but not limited to, bank account changes, contact changes and set up of drawdowns to ensure that funds transfer is complete and accurate.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure a positive and seamless Client experience
- Willing to challenge and question the current processes to provide the best Client experience
- Ensuring secure, accurate and timely funds transfer of over €4.5bn per day including:
- Creating and verifying payments to and from Clients across a number of settlement services, using Visa Europe’s SWIFT interface as well as other banking applications
- Detailed intraday funds monitoring and end of day reconciliation of each bank account
- Support and actively participate in all BCP testing to ensure 100% continuity of service
- Question and drive changes in processes and procedures to ensure continual operational improvement
- Manage liquidity decisions, including:
- Monitor intraday bank account positions and chase outstanding settlements to avoid overdraft positions
- Work with Corporate Treasury to evaluate, consider and recommend when Visa (Europe Region) invest/withdraw funds
- Proactively investigate each outstanding position at the end of day and provide daily reporting to Treasury senior management, Treasurer, CFO and Client Settlement Risk.
- Assist with risk management and MI collation, including:
- Collate settlement data to use for Management Information
- Analyse settlement data on a daily basis prior to funds transfer and alert of any potential fraud
- Manage SSI data across multiple applications: Authenticate, examine & enter Client information to banking portals and Settlement Account Manager Interface to ensure daily settlement is accurate
What we’re after…
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven project experience and ability to understand deliverables along the chain
- Evidenced ability to work under extreme pressure and deliver to tight timelines
- Proven team player with a desire to assist others where needed and enable an efficient team with a cohesive atmosphere
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: ability to understand and answer Client queries efficiently and effectively
- Ability to demonstrate effective time management skills
- Treasury/banking experience in payment processing and reconciliation
- Possess experience in a client-facing role.
- High Level Excel Skills
- Detailed understanding of SWIFT messaging and bank account reconciliations
- Understanding of Client setup, BIN, BID and SRE hierarchies
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.