Interchange Development Manager - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Interchange Development Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Interchange Development Manager role is a key member of the Payment Economics team for Visa in Europe. The Payment Economics team is responsible for interchange and inter-client fee business development, operational management and compliance across Europe. The role requires collaboration with business areas across regional and functional areas with specific projects varying in focus, depth and stakeholders.
The role will include extracting and analysing data from multiple sources, performing various statistical analyses and modelling and drawing and presenting inferences in a clear and concise manner to support business decisions. In addition, the role will cover the preparation and delivery of information, both strategic and numerical, to senior management.
This role will report into the Head of Interchange Development and Operations and will be based at Visa’s offices in London, United Kingdom.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Support the development of interchange and inter-client fees to support market growth, regulatory compliance, risk management, innovation and cost effectiveness across the Europe territory.
Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, to formulate and evaluate interchange and inter-client fee development options and propositions, in line with Europe’s strategic agenda.
Build business landscape knowledge to facilitate proposal development, together with the ability to analyse and structure detailed information on specific opportunities, including conducting detailed stakeholder impact assessments.
Perform financial modelling and forecasting, based on complex data for proposed interchange fee scenarios. Provide scenario output, including detailed numerical information, in simple and condense summaries for use in interchange development proposals.
Ability to determine the data requirements necessary to support the interchange fee development scenarios, using both detailed knowledge of interchange fee qualification criteria and mathematical understanding of the scenarios. Extract, cleanse and analyse appropriate data from numerous data sources to support interchange development. This includes manipulating and aggregating data in multiple formats.
Manage fee changes through the governance process, including the preparation of advance materials, managing actions and writing any client facing communications.
Support interchange operations by using analytical and problem-solving skills to answer client queries in a timely manner, reaching out to stakeholders across the organisation to gather relevant information where required.
Work closely with interchange implementation to ensure that inter-client fee proposals are appropriately captured for implementation in VisaNet.
What we’re after…
Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in preparing executive-level business proposals (papers, analysis and presentations)
- Knowledge and experience of interchange or pricing from a business and/or technical perspective
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Attention to detail and ability to structure and analyse sophisticated financial modelling
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to negotiate with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages, including to senior management, conveying complex information in a simple and straightforward manner
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Basic SQL for data processing in doing segmentation and modelling. Knowledge of R, SPSS and SAS experience would be good to have. Familiarity with business intelligence tools like QlikView, Tableau, Business Objects and MicroStrategy.
- Hands on Hadoop framework, including key tools like Python and Hive experience is an advantage
- Understanding of the Payments and Banking Industry is a plus