Data Architect - Global Visa Direct Business Delivery (Analyst or Manager Level)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more.
The person will be a key member of Global Visa Direct Business Delivery team managing all aspects relating to global Visa Direct performance data, analytics, data architecture, planning, and reporting. The role will act as Visa Direct data subject matter expert to support all global and regional teams and internal business partners. You will champion data-driven decision-making across the organization and help our regions & teams leverage data to drive impact.
· Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and the Data Science team to maintain and enhance global and regional Visa Direct performance data infrastructure and interactive Tableau dashboards
· Coordinate across all global and regional teams to understand needs around data analytics, business insights, and reporting; align scopes and manage end-to-end projects to deliver actionable results
· Manage ongoing process and system relating to global program identification; assess and enhance current tool and process
· Have deep understanding of Visa Direct performance data and how they link together to tell business stories; be Visa Direct data steward and point of contact in this area for all business partner teams (Product, Finance, IT, BI, Data Science, Audit, Client Services, Sales Ops, Risks, etc.)
· Support ongoing performance reporting and monthly business reviews with senior management
· Support global quarterly business planning including volume projection and budgeting, success metric definition
· Conduct ad hoc analysis to support strategic decision-making
** Can be based in SF or Foster City, CA **
- BA/BS required. 2-4 years of experience in data analytics, business insights, and/or performance reporting
Excellent analytical, communication, critical thinking, problem solving, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to see big picture and connect dots, yet attention to details and accuracy, and effectively collaborate and influence to lead cross-functional teams
- Advanced Excel skills and proficient in SQL. Knowledge/experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools. Prior experience with Hadoop or similar data-distributed tools preferred.
- Passionate about data and ability to leverage complex/large data sets to provide business insights and actionable recommendations, and solve problems. Ability to translate business requirements into technical concepts, and communicate technical results in business terms. Ability to inspire using data, communicating results effectively, and championing data-driven decision-making, and focused on driving impact.
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and operates under minimal supervision. High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity. Efficient with limited resources
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as P2P, B2C and B2B market experience is a plus, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.